Wednesday 30 April 2014

Launch & a 7 hour trip.

The boat went in without a hitch yesterday, the guys held it on the trailer while I ran inside to stem the torrent of water from the stern gland after I had repacked it..... NOTHING! Not a drop of water so she came off the trailer & started on the second push of the button. Once the engine was warmed up & everything seemed to be working I pushed off on my 7 hour trip, I held the RPM at a comfortable 1800 & averaged 7.7 knots which is fine as she sips diesel like this....
After about an hour I checked the stern gland & there was a steady stream of water so I spent the rest of the trip tightning & slackening the adjuster bolts to try to get the 2 to 3 drips per minute that appears to be the recommendation, i almost have it now but I think it needs time to bed in.







No comments:

Post a Comment